Summer Fashion Inspiration from Miami, St Bartz, and St Tropez

7:34 PM

Love this makeup for summer!
image from Make Up For Ever via Black Market Mag
It officially feels like summer here in MN and it has me dreaming about what I want to wear this summer.  When I think of getting ready for summer and going through my closet,I feel like I'm getting ready to go on vacation in a tropical paradise for a couple of months.  So I thought, even though you're not going on vacation, why not look like your are everyday this summer? We live in an old house with little closets so I have to change my closets out every season.  This season I'm going to pack as though I was going on vacation somewhere warm for 3 months.  
I thought I'd share my inspiration for my wardrobe this season.  Summer to me is about sexy, glamour, sunglasses, and the beach.  I'm thinking socialite on vacation on a Mediterranean or tropical island. It makes me want to wear glamorous but casual flowey dresses that hug my curves in fun bright colors.  The kind that's casual enough that it's comfortable and you wouldn't feel weird wearing it around town doing errands, but you could easily go out on a date or to a party in it.  I'm really liking maxi and wrap dresses right now.  Here are some of my favs.
 Love the color and flow of this DVF dress via Where did you get that?  (side note I interned at Daryl K when Nathan Jenden was the design director he went on to be the Creative director of DVF from 2001-2010).
Hot Red Maxi Dress


Who doesn't look good in a wrap dress?  From Embellish Glamour
Loveeeee the colors in this outfit via Cherry Whore
Vince dress I would make it in coral and cinch it in at the waist
This anthropology cover up (I'd wear it as a dress) is sold out but it'd be easy to make...
Angie Harmon looks fantastic in this maxi dress
This Anthropology Chiffon Halter Maxi Dress would be easy to make
Victoria secret dress.   I'd make this with a slight a-line to be more universally flattering.  Such a great date dress.       Who wouldn't turn heads in this dress?
I also am loving the ideal of short shorts and a cotton or linen button down shirt.  I'd wear the below combo with a large bright necklace as well like the one below from baublebar.
from Life's a Journal
bib necklace from baublebar
I'm excited to wear strappy heels and sandals again.  I'm particularly obsessed with nude and gold shoes for summer, because they make your legs look longer as long as it blends in with your skin tone.  Some examples are below.
Love the turquoise and gold color combo

gold Jimmy Choo shoes (insert drool here)
Nude Gladiator Sandals
For Summer I love the look of a simple low pony tail and big hoop earrings, and beach hair.  At YSL they had a very cool embellished bun that I only hope I can replicate.
Harper's Bazaar: At Yves Saint Laurent, teased chignons were secured with cage barrettes, hair pins
Halle Berry rocks a low ponytail and big hoops 
Kate Hudson's beach hair
I plan to wear my swimsuit and sunglasses as much as possible this summer.  I'm on the hunt for a good coverup so look for great ideas to come in my next post!

http://ohyoucraftygal.blogspot.com ©Oh You Crafty Gal! 2011-2012 All rights reserved.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

How to Tailor Clothes Series

Start Our Free Sewing Class